- Fall writing prompts
3) what do you associate with Fall?
- "Ruska" - the changing of colors in Autumn, Autumn leaves
- apples, plums, grapes, peaches, pears...
- crisp, clean air, rains and storms, wind
- umbrellas and boots
- red hair, foxes
- acorns, nuts, pinecones
- apple picking, apple cider, apple pie
- pumpkins, pumpkin spice, pumpkin pie
- school, studies, learning
4) Mabon, Autumn Equinox celebration, Fall feasts - what ever you celebrate at Autumn
- write a story of a child's holiday
- Mabon by Citadel of the Dragons
- Mabon by Akasha
- Mabon by EarthWitchery
You really don't need to follow a Celtic tradition. Mabon is just another name for Autumn Equinox, and most Pagans I know celebrate that in some way or manner. If you don't, you should!
5) Falling for Autumn
6) "Mythical creatures include phoenix, gryphons, basilisk, centaurs, gnomes, minotaurs, sphinx, cyclopes, andamans and gulons."
What are these and how are they connected to Autumn Equinox. Write a story about your favorite mythological creature from this list.
You know, I have always been interested in mythological creatures. I find all the stories about vampires, angels and weres just as interesting as the next girl. I believe there to be potential for ALL the mythological creatures, not only to unicorns and dragons... So - do your best to make these creatures just as interesting, fascinating and sexy as any vampire. Gulons, btw, are wolverines...
7) paint chip writing
Here's a long and colourful list of colour names... You don't need paint chips.
8) Most of us have a dream-me, very different from the everyday-me... Write about her day. What would she do if she was sitting there by the computer now?
(The natural consequence of that would be that you realize your dream-me is not impossible, unattainable dream, but you dream of that life because it is what Goddess meant you to live... If you realize what your dream-me would do right now, and did it, you would have taken the first steps to becoming your dream-me... and wouldn't that be nice? Really... what's stopping you? Is it really that big a deal?)
9) "Youth is a luxury waisted on young people"... so... what if you were 18 again. What would you do? What would you study? What if you were young again, with everything you know now. What would you do differently?
10) Write about
- The smells of autumn
- The sights of autumn
- The sounds of autumn
- The touch of autumn
- The tastes of autumn
- fall writing prompts
Autumn is a second spring when every leaf is a flower.12) I live so high up North that summernights are light. We don't see the stars before Autumn comes...
For man, autumn is a time of harvest, of gathering together. For nature, it is a time of sowing, of scattering abroad.
~Edwin Way Teale
It was one of those perfect English autumnal days which occur more frequently in memory than in life.
Bittersweet October. The mellow, messy, leaf-kicking, perfect pause between the opposing miseries of summer and winter.
~Carol Bishop Hipps
Winter is an etching, spring a watercolor, summer an oil painting and autumn a mosaic of them all.
No spring nor summer beauty hath such grace
As I have seen in one autumnal face.
October's poplars are flaming torches lighting the way to winter.
A woodland in full color is awesome as a forest fire, in magnitude at least, but a single tree is like a dancing tongue of flame to warm the heart.
October gave a party;
The leaves by hundreds came -
The Chestnuts, Oaks, and Maples,
And leaves of every name.
The Sunshine spread a carpet,
And everything was grand,
Miss Weather led the dancing,
Professor Wind the band.
~George Cooper, "October's Party"
How beautifully leaves grow old. How full of light and color are their last days.
There is a harmony in autumn, and a luster in its sky, which through the summer is not heard or seen, as if it could not be, as if it had not been!
~Percy Bysshe Shelley
The one red leaf, the last of its clan,
That dances as often as dance it can,
Hanging so light, and hanging so high,
On the topmost twig that looks up at the sky.
~Samuel Taylor Coleridge
Youth is like spring, an over praised season more remarkable for biting winds than genial breezes.
Autumn is the mellower season, and what we lose in flowers we more than gain in fruits.
Everyone must take time to sit and watch the leaves turn.
A wind has blown the rain away and blown the sky away and all the leaves away, and the trees stand.
I think, I too, have known autumn too long.
e. e. cummings
Autumn wins you best by this, its mute Appeal to sympathy for its decay.
Robert Browning Hamilton
But I do feel a little teeny right now that I'm just about ready to start, and winter is entering. Half past autumn has arrived.
By all these lovely tokens September days are here,
With summer's best of weather And autumn's best of cheer.
Helen Hunt Jackson
Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns.
I love the fall. I love it because of the smells that you speak of; and also because things are dying,
things that you don't have to take care of anymore, and the grass stops growing.
- Mark Van Doren
"Stars blazed in the night sky."
14) "Johnny Appleseed, born Sept. 26, 1774, has been credited with establishing apple nurseries throughout the Midwest."
Write about a witch who starts planting trees all over your homecountry... recreating the medieval forests, from Northern border to the Southern, from East to West... Then go out and plant some trees.
15) What is your favorite fall memory?
Write about it. Be sure to tell who it involved, what happened, when it happened, where it occurred, and why it is a favorite memory.
- writing prompts for Fall
16) "Amazing things to do in Autumn"
Write your list. Then write a description on why it's amazing, or how your day would be if you did this and everything went just as well as you hoped for... even better... that something unexpected and amazing happened...
Nature oriented list
17) "As a transitional season, fall evokes many feelings about things such as the passage of time and the life cycles of nature. Write a few paragraphs about how autumn makes you feel or what it makes you consider."
Autumn writing prompts
18) It was Autumn and the family of the Little Pagan was canning and conserving the harvest. Little Pagan didn't want to do it. She hated the smell of vinegar and all the work with cutting and cleaning the vegetables, fruits and berries. She didn't even like gathering the harvest, there was too much of it, and she wanted to play and read and have fun, and not go out to fields or forests to pick and pluck and pinch and pull... So next time the family went to the forest to pick berries, she ran away...
19) You know the Christmas Carol... now, imagine a world where the Harvest feast is the time of generousity, sharing, coming together and having fun. It used to be. Think of a combined Halloween and Thanksgiving and Rosh Hashanah, if you find it difficult to think of such a day in Autumn. Now - rewrite the Christmas Carol, for Pagans and Autumn; "Songs of Harvest".
20) Three convicts escape from prison just before the Harvest Day, and arrive at a village. They go to a store, the only store that gives supplies on credit. While there, they notice that the roof is leaking, and offer to fix it. They do not actually intend to fix it, but decide to remain there, until nightfall, when they will steal clothes and supplies, and escape on the ship waiting in the harbour. As they stay in the store, they find that the family is in all kinds of trouble due to their kindness and generosity. They start helping the family, even conning people and falsifying records to make the store prosperous. In the end the three felons fix a wonderful Harvest feast for the family: mostly made of stolen items...
What kind of trouble does the family have? How do the villains manage to solve their problems?